NOTE: The Basic Online Referee course is two parts. Online and classroom. After taking the online laws of the game, sign up for the classroom portion. The online class is about 1 hour. The classroom part is 3 hours.
Instructions for taking the Basic Online Referee Course
Step 1: Create a volunteer application.
NOTE: If you already have a current volunteer application in the system, go to step 2
Go to www.eayso.org
1a. If you already have an account on the system, follow these procedures:
- Login your account at www.eayso.org
- Select “Apply as a new Adult volunteer”
- Select Referee as your volunteer position and follow the instructions to complete the
- Complete the electronic signature.
1b. If you do not have an eAYSO account, select “ I am new to AYSO and want to volunteer”
- When asked “Search a Region by Zip Code or State and City”, Enter 90056 in the Zipcode
- Select Region 1031 – South Los Angeles, Click Next
- Continue completing the form.
- Complete the electronic signature
Certification and Training
Step 2: Take the Safe Haven certification (Required for ALL volunteers).
Go to www.aysotraining.orgStep 3: Referee Training
- Enter your eAYSO ID and last name. Your AYSO ID is on your printed application form.
- Click on “Courses” tab
- Select Safe “Course MT02 - AYSO's Safe Haven”
- Take Course R002 - Basic Referee Online Training
This is a two-part course. After taking the online course, sign up for the in-class training.
Step 4: Complete the AYSO CDC Concussion Awareness course
Visit the referee training page for the course schedule or contact the Referee Administrators:
Cedric Penix, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Cedric Penix